Sunday, June 1, 2014

Day 15: Unexpected Happiness

It's more than two weeks since we discovered that Lei is already pregnant. I am very concerned with her health because of the continued bouts of vomiting. What's worst is that her vomiting usually occur after midnight, thus, preventing us from having good sleep. She can't eat well and she can't take her vitamins and other medications.

Because of this, we decided to go to another obstetrician / gynecologist (ob/gyne) for check-up. We were determined  that Lei take all the tests (ultrasound, papsmear, etv.) that the doctor will require.

It is on this day that Lei had her very first ultrasound. It is on this day that my child had his/her very first “selfie”. It is my first time to see him/her and I couldn't stop smiling. I couldn't explain it but I felt so happy seeing an ultrasound view of our child. It caught me by surprise.

6-week old embryo
6 weeks old embryo (Source: About.com).

Our new ob/gyne reported that our child is already 6 weeks old, about 7 mm in size, and already has heartbeat.

We are excited to actually see our child but we have to Be more patient because Lei continue feeling nausea and vomiting. And more changes to her body will come that will be another struggle.

May our Lord help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment